Telangana state public service commission has released its notification 2017. This notification is for recruiting 90 forest section officers in forest department. Applications are inviting from the eligible candidate to apply the post of section officer.
- 1 Notification details
- 1.1 Educational Qualification:
- 1.2 Physical requirements:
- 1.3 Scheme of Examination
- 1.4 Important Dates
- 1.5 Syllabus for Paper I (General Knowledge) – SSC Standard
- 1.6 Syllabus for Paper II (General Mathematics)
- 1.7 Share this:
- 1.8 Related
Name of the post: Forest Section Officer
No of Vacancies: 90
Age limit: 18 – 31 years
Pay-scale: Rs. 21,230 – 63,010/-
A candidate must possess a bachelor degree in the following streams.
Botany or Forestry or Horticulture or Zoology or Physics or Chemistry or Mathematics or Statistics or Geology or Agriculture as a subject or a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering of any University of India, established or incorporated by or under a Central Act, State Act or Provincial Act or an Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission or an equivalent qualification.
- Male candidates should not be less than 163 cms in height, and not less than 84 cms round on full inspiration.
- chest expansion should be 5 cms
- In the case of female candidates, they must not be less than 150 cms in height and not less than 79 cms round
- chest expansion should be 5 cms
- The candidates should possess normal eyesight apart from above physical requirements.
- The selected candidates in the written exam will be subjected to walking test
- Male candidates should walk 25 km in 4 hours duration
- Woman candidates should walk 16 km in 4 hours duration
- Walking test is considered as qualifying test and not carry any marks
Note: There will be Weightage for NCC candidates
- NCC – “C” Certificate holder – 5 bonus marks.
- NCC – “B” Certificate holder – 3 bonus marks.
- and NCC – “ A” Certificate holder – 1 bonus mark
Application Fee: Rs. 200/-
Examination fee: Rs. 80/-
Fee exempted for SC, ST and BC candidates of Telangana state.
Unemployed applicants in the age group of 18 to 31 years of Telangana State (They have to submit a declaration at an appropriate time to the Commission that they are unemployed) also exempted from payment of application fee.
How to apply: Applicants can apply online mode only
Scheme of Examination
|Objective type||No of Questions||Max Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper I. General knowledge||100||100||90 minutes|
|Paper II. General Mathematics||100||100||90 minutes|
|Opening date for online application||21-08-2017|
|Last date for online submission of applications||12-09-2017|
|Date of examination||29-10-2017|
Syllabus for Paper I (General Knowledge) – SSC Standard
- Current affairs.
- General Science in everyday life.
- Environmental Issues and Disaster Management.
- Geography and Economy of India and Telangana.
- Indian Constitution: Salient Features.
- Indian Political System and Government.
- Modern Indian History with a focus on Indian National Movement.
- History of Telangana and Telangana Movement.
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Policies of Telangana State.
- Ethics, Sensitivity to Gender and weaker sections, social awareness
Syllabus for Paper II (General Mathematics)